The Arab Peace Initiative of 2002 was the basis for the Middle East Simulation 2009.
On this page, we have collected some information about the initiative from different sources.
- Wikisource: "The Arab Peace Initiative" (the plain text of the document)
- Wikipedia on the Arab Peace Initiative
- "official translation" found at al-bab.com
- The Jordan Embassy (USA) (with remarks by the Jordan Minister of Foreign Affairs)
- Jewish Virtual Library on the Initiative and their comments
- Al Jazeera on the Arab Peace Initiative as part of the section "Focus Middle East"
- CNN on the Arab Peace Initiative
It is, however, useful if you commit yourself to some additional research on the initiative to be well prepared, especially as we do not provide you with information concerning the role and its view onto the Initiative.
- tagesschau.de Multimedia Chronik zum Nahost-Konflikt
- History of the Middle East Conflict - Bundeszentrale für Politische Bildung
- Aktuelles zum Nahost Konflikt- Bundeszantrale für Politische Bildung
- taz.de Nahost-Konflikt
- Middle East Web - Source Documents: Israeli-Palestinian conflict history
- University of Michigan - Documents Center - Middle East Conflicts (by Dr. Raymond Tanter)
CIA World Factbook
All the newspapers and magazines that are linked here are in their English edition, unless otherwise stated.
- UN News Centre Middle East
- Al Jazeera "Focus Middle East"
- CNN on Israel
- Deutsche Welle World News (German Public Foreign Prodcasting Service)
- tagesschau.de (German Public Prodcasting Service)
- zdf heute (German Public Prodcasting Service) (in German only)
- spiegel.de (weekly magazine)
- spiegel.de Middle East Section (in German only)
- focus.de (weekly magazine) (in German only)
- taz.de Nahost-Sektion (daily newspaper) (in German only)
- faz Weltpolitik (in German only)
- Die Zeit (weekly newspaper) - Nahost Sektion
A List of embassies of involved nations that are located in Germany.
- Egypt (old website, in German only, the new version is not available right now)
- Libanon (in German only - the English version is unavailable)
- Iran (in German only)
- Israel (in German only)
- Palestine (Generaldelegation - in German only)
- Syria (in German only)
- One Voice - Movement to End the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict
- Geneva Accord - Yes to an agreement
- CAP - Centre for Applied Policy Research
- Women against the Occupation and for Human Rights
This list is not complete. Please fell free to google others.
The last update was 2009, some links might not work any more!
The content of these links may not be perceived as neutral by all parties involved.
However, in order to collect all necessary information and learn about the various standpoints on the subject, possibly biased opinions should also be taken into consideration, albeit cautiously.
Liability of links
Despite a carefull choice of the context, we are not responsible for contents of external links or partner websites. The operators of those websites own responsibility thereof. This operator is making the effort to keep the content of this page up to date and as accurately as possible as regards context. Yet the occurrence of errors can not be totally excluded. We therefore do not take accountabiliy for the correctness as regards context as well as the completenes of the information given here, except for cases where these mistakes result from gross negligence. This refers to possible damage of material and ideational third parties caused through the usage of this webpage.